From left to right: G.V Shankar, consultant; Dr. G. Ilavazhagan, Director, Ministry of Defence, Defence Research & Development Organization, Directorate of Life Sciences; Shahid Jameel, Head Virology, ICGEB; Luis Barreto, ICAV Director; Jeremy Carver, ICAV CEO; Dr. W. Selvamurthy, Distinguished Scientist, Chief Controller (R&D), DRDO; Dr. Chris Miller, UBC; Patrick Michaud, Chair, ICAV; Simon Cridland, Head Advocacy, High Commission of Canada; Christian Frayssignes, Director Business Development, ICAV; Aaron Rosland, Counsellor (Commercial-Ontario), High Commision of Canada; Dr Ramesh Paranjape, Director General, NARI; G. Chandra, Editor, HinduTimes Business Line.
The International Consortium on Anti-virals (ICAV) is pleased to announce the ICAV 10th International Symposium to take place in New Delhi, at the ICGEB facility. It will assemble leading scientists, public health experts, industry representatives, and philanthropic organizations to advance the development of safe, affordable and effective anti-viral therapeutics for emerging and neglected infectious diseases.
Key Objectives of the Symposia:
- Present the latest developments in anti-viral research, therapeutic vaccines and drug development for neglected and emerging infectious diseases.
- Promote the urgent need for both anti-viral drugs and vaccines in public health policy.
- Foster worldwide collaboration between scientists, governments, public health officials, industry and other stakeholders on anti-viral research and development.
- The formal launch of ICAV in India – strategies to address India’s major infectious diseases
- Host organizational meetings for the Dengue Therapeutic Network (DTN)